Preparing for the birth of your baby is a joyful and exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming.
If you’re looking for inclusive, evidence-based, and inspiring information as you prepare for your birth, you’re in the right place.
To learn more about Kriya Birth Insitute, visit our website.
In Kriya Birth class you will learn how to:
- Use mindfulness to enhance your labor experience
- Access deep relaxation allowing the body to move through labor with ease
- Engage the mind to work with any discomfort you may experience
- Communicate your needs with the support people and providers
- Use positioning and other techniques to encourage a gentle birth
- Increase confidence in your bodies inmate wisdom to birth and your ability to cope with any stress that may arise
At Kriya Birth, it's our passion to help birthing persons and their families achieve a meaningful birth and transition into parenting. Our classes are designed to reduce the fear of birth and develop skills to cope with labor.
We recognize several important things:
- Birth is a profound experience in life that should be honored as such.
- Our pasts shape our current beliefs about birth, therefore each person has different expectations of birth needing to be explored.
- Each person or partnership brings a unique set of coping skills and resources to their birth experience.
- Mindfulness training can have a positive impact a woman’s experience of birth
- Pregnancy and Birth are experiences that can not be entirely controlled through education and planning.
- Realistic, evidence-based information can however enhance a woman experience in childbirth
- When a birthing person and partner feel positively about their birth experience they begin parenting with much-needed confidence in themselves and their innate abilities.
For 15 years Lyndi has worked as an advocate for families in the childbearing years. She has supported hundreds of parents through labor, birth and the postpartum period. After a decade of teaching childbirth classes she's combined her experience and knowledge to create Kriya Birth. Lyndi believes in the importance of shared decision making and trauma informed care when working with families. She aims to create inclusive programs that address the diverse needs of all birthing families.
When she's not working Lyndi can be found by the ocean, in the woods with her wild dog Ruby or somewhere on the back roads enjoying life from her recently converted van.